Five Protein Packed Breakfasts
After reading the results from the National Weight Control Registry, I have been thinking about the factors that participants have in common. Almost all of them start their day with breakfast. Almost all of them have changed the way that they eat. Have you ever really paid attention to how you feel after breakfast? Mindfulness can be tough under normal circumstances, but mindful eating at breakfast can be particularly challenging as you are mentally preparing for the day, packing up your belongings, and making sure you have everything you need for wherever you are headed.
Taking the time to thoughtfully prepare your breakfast and your day will help set you up for success. Start a new habit. Take a moment to meditate and journal in the morning. Experiment with how your morning and afternoon go after different breakfast foods. If you start the day with toast, cereal, or some other typical breakfast carb, you may feel satisfied at first, but you may notice that your hunger returns before lunch rolls around. Starting your day with a protein-packed breakfast will yield more satisfying results. A breakfast with at least 20 grams of protein will keep the hunger pangs away until lunch. In fact, some people even find themselves lunching later than usual after a protein-packed breakfast because they are so satisfied.
Here are five protein filled meals to get your day off to a great start.
1. One easy way to ensure a successful start to the day is to prepare a healthy breakfast that will last all week long. This Breakfast Bake With Sausage, Eggs, Spinach, and Mushrooms from the blog 40 Aprons is easy to prepare. Find the recipe here.
2. The blog Avocado Pesto serves up Vegetarian Scrambled Egg Quesadillas which I like to add a spoonful of Mateo’s salsa for added Mexican flavor. The delicious combo of fibrous black beans, (good) fat from the avocado, and protein from the eggs will keep you feeling satisfied all morning.
3. If you find yourself craving pancakes, the blog Kim’s Cravings has a healthier version with Greek Yogurt Oat Pancakes.With 16 grams of protein, this recipe can be changed daily with a different flavor of yogurt. Add on some berries and nuts for more fiber, protein, and flavor.
4. You can’t go wrong with the combo of Southwest flavors and eggs. Womanist offers a Southwest Overnight Breakfast Casserole that looks amazing.
5. Finally, for the oatmeal lover who does not want to give up the morning bowl of warm, carry comfort, Joy Food Sunshine offers Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal.
While this delicious breakfast seems indulgent, the fiber from the oatmeal and banana plus the protein from the peanut butter combine to make a deliciously satisfying comfort breakfast.
As we mentioned last week, Louben Repke does not believe in one particular diet; however, research shows that having a breakfast high in protein will help get you with your healthy goals. Give him a call today to find out more about how to achieve the healthiest body of your life. Louben’s Profile Page
We are a private personal fitness training studio located in Millersville, MD. Our top-notched personal trainers provide quality personal fitness training to clients in Severna Park, Severn, Pasadena, Arnold, Gambrills, Crownsville and all over Anne Arundel County.
8268 Veterans Hwy #3
Millersville, MD 21108