During the holidays it’s always hard to keep a fitness routine at the gym. The summer in general encourages more cookouts among family members. What could possibly be done to stay in shape especially with corona sweeping the nation?
- Keep family gatherings small- Keeping corona at bay is important to the nation as well as your family’s well being. But the less people are at your cookout the less leftovers you will have.
- Try kebabs- Diet is just as important as going to the gym and should be a part of losing weight for your fitness plan. Although hot dogs and hamburgers are an american tradition they are high in salt. Hot dogs also don’t normally fill you up after just having one so you’re more likely to have another. Try some shrimp, vegetables, or even pineapples and skewer them for a slimmer more fun option! Kids could have a fun time picking out their own combinations for their meals. Furthermore barbecuing is just as American as cooking hot dogs and hamburgers!
- Organize fun activities- Invite a small group of people and do:
- Potato sack races
- Relay races
- Volleyball games
- Baseball games
- Scavenger hunts
- Kick the Can
But don’t forget to keep social distancing!
- Make goals- if you haven’t already you should make small goals in order to keep yourself on track. In order to make goals they should be SMART goals. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time. You don’t need to go to the gym to stay in shape. It could be something as simple as going for a 10 minute walk.
- Go for a Swim- Some local outdoor pools are opening at 25% capacity. Although gyms are opening, pools inside are not doing the same. Just try to get some laps in, maybe play with the kids. Either way there’s tons of underwater activities you can do safely at a safe distance from others.
- Sign up for a Holiday Run- Are you looking for freedom from the gym? Might as well show your stars and stripes with a holiday run in your area. In fact you could make it a family tradition so you don’t have to even think about losing your fitness routine every year. Plus you will have additional fitness pals while you run. Losing weight during quarantine is tough but you don’t need to sign up for a run. Just grab the family and run!
In conclusion, making a fitness plan for losing weight is extremely hard to keep during any sort of holiday. Barbecue could become more healthy based on what you’re cooking. Staying safe and fit is a difficult task during this pandemic but there are plenty of ways to stay in shape. Making a weight loss plan and sticking to it is the only way to see results. So try to stay away from hot dogs and hamburgers and have a happy Fourth of July!